Palestine is a country in Western Asia. It borders Lebanon and Gaza Strip to the north, Jordan, and Israel to the east, Egypt and the Mediterranean Sea to the south, Syria and Iraq to the west. Palestine’s population in 2017 was estimated at 4.9 million people, mostly Muslims (the vast majority of whom are Sunnis), with the Christian minority representing 2%. Palestine has been occupied by Israelis since 1967 when they invaded during the Arab-Israeli war.
Palestine offers its visitors many tourist attractions which include:
- Bethlehem – site of Jesus’ birth;
- Jericho – the oldest city in the world;
- Hebron – burial place of Abraham;
- Jerusalem – oldest continually inhabited city on Earth;
- Tel Aviv-Yafo, one of the most expensive cities in Israel with a cost of living that is among some countries’ highest.